Call for Entry
Online Submission Deadline: Friday September 16, 2016
Delivery dates: September 19 - September 30, 2016
View will be presenting something new in the Upstairs Galleries this fall as part of the Quilts Unlimited Exhibition. Keeping with Tradition is an exhibition series based on centuries-old quilting traditions.
This exhibit will not be juried. There is a modest fee of $15 for nonmembers/ $10 for members of View. The fee allows for the submission of up to 3 works per artist.
This years theme will be the Log Cabin, a pattern considered to be the quintessential American quilt pattern. It is simple to construct, with many possibilities for personal interpretation. Individualization and personal design will be shown in the width of the strips used to construct the blocks, in the choice of fabrics and colors and in the arrangement of the blocks. Many possibilities exist, and we believe this could be a truly wonderful exhibit with the imagination and skills of so many talented quilters. This is an exhibit for everyone to participate in and to come to view and enjoy.
- The outer dimensions of the quilt must be no wider than 36" and no longer than 60".
- all works must be submitted online
- payment can be made online or in person when delivering the work
- space is limited, admission will be based on a first come, first serve basis
- Preregistration is required by Friday September, 16
- All works must include the artists name, title of the work on the back of the piece.
Delivery of Work
- work can be delivered to View at 3273 State Route 28, Old Forge, NY 13420, either in person, or by mail.
- all mailed works are at the expense of the artist
- mailed works must include return postage
- work will be accepted at View between Monday September 19 - Friday September 30, 2016 between normal View business hours.
If you have any questions email View curator Cory E. Card at firstname.lastname@example.org